Outreach Coordinator Job Posting
Outreach Coordinator leads outreach, audience development, and community engagement efforts for Vector Space. The Outreach Coordinator reports to both the Executive Director and the Director of Education at Vector Space.
The goal of outreach at Vector Space is to introduce new people to the available learning opportunities at the makerspace. This includes adults, teens, and occasionally families. This role is expected to take 20 hours per week. Compensation will be discussed during the interview process.
- Plan and implement outreach to community members and groups to forge deep, engaged, and meaningful relationships, targeting groups and communities throughout the year in order to increase attendance at Vector Space events and enrollment in Vector Space programs
- Work with staff to create and implement social media campaigns, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms heavily used by audience segments
- Manage Public Relations to generate and track press coverage, including reviews, features, and listings, both locally and nationally, when appropriate. Expand public relations efforts to increase national profile, with a particular focus on trends and research in maker education
- Work with the Vector Space staff and Board of Directors on outreach strategies
- Manage and expand Vector Space scholarship offerings, designed to provide access to underserved and impoverished communities
- Help to develop and manage partnerships with local schools, nonprofit organizations, and businesses
- Work with staff to understand upcoming community and educational events and programs
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed after September 30, 2022. This position is vacant and the chosen candidate will start at their earliest availability.