Drum sander training checklist
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shop Area: Woodshop
Tool: Drum Sander
TC 110-10, Rev. 0
Training to be completed prior to using Drum Sanders.
- Always wear approved safety glasses or face shield while operating the equipment.
- Before operating equipment, remove tie, rings, watches and other jewelry, and roll sleeves up past the elbows. Remove all loose clothing and confine long hair.
- Non-slip footwear or anti-skid floor strips are recommended.
- Closed toe shoes are required when working in a shop area.
- Do not wear gloves while operating the equipment.
- Make all machine adjustments or maintenance with the machine unplugged from the power source.
- Always feed stock against the drum rotation.
- Never place hands or fingers under the drum or dust cover.
- Keep hands and clothing away from operating drums.
- Never operate the sander without its dust cover or drum and belt guarding in place.
- Always maintain control of boards to avoid kickback.
- Always disconnect electrical power before doing any servicing or adjusting of the machine.
- Check for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any other conditions that may affect its operation.
- Drum Sander User Guide UG-110-10
- Drum_Sander Maintenance and Specifications MT-110-10
√ Indicates review completed
| Drum-Sander User Guide UG-110-10|
| Understanding of safety requirements for operation of equipment|
| Walk through set-up and operation guidelines|
| Review CAUTION: There are 2 lock bolts on the bed adjustment bolts to keep the current setting. Please DO NOT change these settings. There are guides lines on the front showing where the belt should run so it's obvious if it starts to track to the right and curl under which will grind the right roller and bed. If this happens please STOP since the belt is just a large sheet of sandpaper and it will grind out the entire roller support and permanently damage the machine.|
| Reviewed Belt Tension and Tracking|
| Reviewed BASIC OPERATING PROCEDURES|
| Reviewed SELECTING DRUM ABRASIVES|
| Discuss Troubleshooting areas|
| Drum_Sander_Maintenance_and_Specifications MT-110-10|
| Demonstrate proper Cleaning of the Abrasive Strips|
Vector Space User:
Date training completed:
Vector Space Trainer:
END OF THE PROCEDURE