Thickness planer maintenance and specifications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shop Area: Woodshop
Tool: Thickness Planer
MT 110-02, Rev. 1
Jet Planer model JWP-15CS, 15 inch, helical cutterhead, two speed, powered by a 240V, 15 Amp motor. The helical cutterhead is an aftermarket part from Shelix Heads.
Link to YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6gEBjzI0X8
- Routinely check the tool for damage or broken parts.
- Clean the top cover, dust shroud and all accessible areas of the unit of dust and wood debris that have collected in from planeing.
- Wipe off infeed and outfeed rollers.
- Clean base table. Light waxing will help wood material pass through the planer.
- Evaluate blade sharpness condition. Replace as necessary.
- Gauge Calibration, check thickness gauge calibration and turret stop calibration.
- Check brushes for wear and replace as necessary
- The lubricant in the gear box must be drained and replaced every 2,500 hours. Multi-purpose gear box lubricant will be suitable.
To Change Planer Inserts
- Use 10mm socket to remove four screws holding top cover
- Use T27 to remove damaged insert
- Clean mating surface
- Install new insert to 45 in-lb torque
- Reinstall top cover
List of Specifications
- Cutter Insert Size 4" RADIUS GROUND/BT/BIG HOLE, 15mm x 15mm x 2.5mm
- AMPS 15.0 AMP
- DEPTH CAPACITY 6 IN
- MAX DEPTH OF CUT 1/8 IN
- NO LOAD SPEED 4,500 (CUTTERHEAD) RPM
- Feed Rate (FPM) 16 and 20
- Dust Chute Diameter (in.) 4
- PLANER TYPE STATIONARY
- WIDTH CAPACITY 15 IN
- Motor TEFC, 3HP, 1Ph, 230V, 60Hz
- Overall Dimensions (LxWxH)(in.) 48 x 28 x 43-1/2
- Net Weight (lbs.) 475
END OF THE PROCEDURE