Scroll saw maintenance and specifications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shop Area: Woodshop
Tool: DeWalt 20" Scroll Saw
Requires in-person training: Yes
MT 110-09, Rev. 1
- Inspect carbon brushes regularly by unplugging tool, removing the brush inspection cap and withdrawing the brush assembly.
- Keep brushes clean and sliding freely in their guides.
- Always replace a used brush in the same orientation in the holder as it was prior to its removal. If the brush is worn down to 3/8", it must be replaced.
- The tool should be allowed to “run in” (run at no load) for 10 minutes before use to seat new brushes.
Installing the Blade
- BEFORE INSTALLING A BLADE, UNPLUG THE SCROLL SAW.
- The blade is held in place by the thumbscrew blade clamps attached to the top and bottom arms of the scroll saw.
- Before installing a blade, make sure the blade tension lever is moved fully to the right.
- Loosen, but do not unscrew, the top and bottom thumbscrews.
- Thread the blade through the hole in table, with the teeth facing toward the front of the saw.
- Scroll saws cut on the down-stroke, so it is essential that teeth face forward and down.
- Insert the blade into the bottom blade clamp and securely tighten the thumbscrew.
- Next, insert the top of the blade into the top blade clamp and securely tighten the top thumbscrew.
- Properly adjust the tension of the blade before operating your scroll saw.
END OF THE PROCEDURE