Plasma Cutter (handheld) User Guide
Shop Area: Metal Shop
Tool: Plasma Cutter (handheld)
Requires in-person training: Yes
Procedure Number: UG 110-03, Rev. 1
Last Revision: 4/30/2021
The RazorCut 45 plasma cutter is used for making curved cuts in metal. It can cut up to 5/8" thick steel and 1/4" aluminum.
- Razor Cut 45 product page (http://razorweld.com/catalogue_product.asp?product=983&category=22&subcategory=87)
- General plasma cutting info (https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/article-library/how-to-select-and-operate-a-hand-held-plasma-cutter)
- All about plasma cutting (https://www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com/all-about-plasma-cutting-3)
- Connect the Plasma cutter to compressed air.
- Ensure that the settings on the plasma cutter are correct (Power, 4T, )
- Connect ground clamp to workpiece.
- Set plasma torch in position to cut.
- Pull trigger until arc begins.
- Pull trigger a second time to make cut.
- Pull trigger a third time to ramp down power.
- Pull trigger a fourth time to turn off.