Hydraulic press maintenance and specifications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shop Area: Metal Shop
Tool: Hydralic Press
Requires in-person training: Yes
MT 130-11, Rev. 1
CENTRAL MACHINERY 12 Ton H-Frame Industrial Heavy Duty Floor Shop Press for metal straightening, bending, stamping, and bearing construction.
Model Number 33497
BEFORE EACH USE, inspect the general condition of the tool. Check for:
- loose hardware,
- misalignment or binding of moving parts,
- cracked or broken parts, and
- any other condition that may affect its safe operation.
- test the Ram for proper operation.
- If the Ram appears not to be working properly, bleed the ram
- AFTER USE, wipe external surfaces of the tool with clean cloth.
To bleed the Ram:
- Remove the Fluid Filler Plug. Insert the slot on the lower portion of the Handle over the Valve Release Screw. Turn the Handle counterclockwise to close the Valve Release Screw. See Figure G.
- Insert the Handle into the Plunger/Fulcrum Assembly. Apply pressure to the Saddle, and pump the Handle quickly several times.
- Check the Fluid Fill Hole and, if necessary, top off the Fluid Fill Hole with hydraulic fluid.
- Replace the Fluid Filler Plug.
- Test the Ram several times before putting into use.
- If, after purging, the Ram still does not appear to be working properly, do not use the Ram until it has been repaired.
Changing the hydraulic fluid:
- With the Ram fully lowered, unhook the Springs from the Eye Bolts and remove the Ram from the Shop Press.
- Remove the Fluid Filler Plug.
- Tip the Ram to allow the old hydraulic fluid to drain out of the unit completely, and dispose of the old hydraulic fluid in accordance with local regulations.
- Completely fill the unit with a high quality hydraulic fluid (not included) until the fluid just begins to run out of the Fluid Fill Hole.
- Reinstall the Fluid Filler Plug.
- Clean with a clean cloth using a detergent or mild solvent.
- Replace the Ram onto the Shop Press.
END OF THE PROCEDURE