Shop Area: Metal Shop
Tool: Hydraulic Press
Requires in-person training: Yes
UG 130-11, Rev. 0
CENTRAL MACHINERY 12 Ton H-Frame Industrial Heavy Duty Floor Shop Press for metal straightening, bending, stamping, and bearing construction.
Model Number 33497
- Always wear approved safety glasses or face shield while operating the equipment.
- Before operating equipment, remove tie, rings, watches and other jewelry, and roll sleeves up past the elbows. Remove all loose clothing and confine long hair.
- Non-slip footwear or anti-skid floor strips are recommended.
- Closed toe shoes are required when working in a shop area.
- Keep hands away from Arbor Plates and Press Pin during use.
- Do not move workpiece while compressed.
- Release load before service or maintenance
- Keep area under Arbor Plates clear. If Arbor Plates rest on obstruction (i.e. bolt, debris, etc.), it creates an uneven press, causing excess stress and possible breakage.
- Avoid off-center loads. Do not operate if workpiece tilts or binds during compression.
- STOP and release compression if you suspect imminent structural failure. If safe, inspect thoroughly and reposition before proceeding.
- Do not compress springs or other elastic objects. They could disengage hazardously.
- Do not stand directly in front of the press when loaded. Do not leave the press unattended when loaded.
- Do not operate the hydraulic ram beyond rated capacity.
- Inspect before every use; do not use if parts are loose or damaged.
Press to remove and install bearings, bushings, gears, ball joints, U-joints, and pulleys. Press will provide substantial pressure for press-out jobs. H-frame shop press can be used for electric motor and armature repair, installation and removal of pressure-fitted parts, and bending or straightening of metal.
- Working distance: 1-3/4 in. to 25-1/2 in.
- Width between channels: 17 in.
- Raise and lower table for working distance
Tool Setup and Operation:
- Use the Support Pins to adjust the height of the Press Apron.
- Position the Press Apron as high as possible while positioning the workpiece as close as possible to the ram of the Ram Plate.
- When pressing two items together, the items must be lined up vertically. If not, one item may forcefully eject sideways from the unit.
- Place the item to press between the Arbor Plates.
- Using the Ram Handle, jack down the Ram Plate until the ram of the Ram Plate contacts your workpiece. If you are pressing two items together, line them up vertically.
- Continue to operate the Handle to press the workpiece.
- When the task is completed, carefully release the Ram pressure. For safety, remove the Handle, and use it to slowly turn the Valve Release Screw on the Ram, allowing the Ram Plate to rise
THIS IS THE END OF THE PROCEDURE