Cnc router maintenance and specifications
Shop Area: Woodshop
Tool: CNC Router
Requires in-person training: Yes
MT 110-08, Rev. 1
Specifications for the Phoenix-GS5 and the AXYZ 4008 CNC routers.
- E-stop configuration, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVkNtq4C1F8
- Vacuum pump manual, https://usermanual.wiki/m/6172b69756810f1a013746a37ab528c1ca07c989d01f18765ef5a459c483cbe0.pdf
- Link to YouTube videos - https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Shapeoko+2+%e2%80%93+CNC&view=detail&mid=91AB54FF364A496A01E491AB54FF364A496A01E4&FORM=VIRE
- SheetCAM tutorials - https://arclightcnc.com/sheetcam-tutorials/
List of Specifications
Phoenix CNC Router
- KL-2200 Spindle: 3 phase, 2220 Watt (3HP), 400 hz
- MESA-7i85 encoder with MESA-7i84 daughtercard
- Gecko G320 servo drivers
- HY VFD, 240V
- Mesa-5i25 superport PCI card
- MEI M644 gantry servo motors
X-axis: -0.175 to 47.5"
Y-axis: -0.25 to 47.5"
AXYZ CNC Router
Perske D68167 Spindle
7.7 HP spindle
PVL 270B Vacuum Pump
- 5.3 qt of DICREA 100 oil. Change every 500 hours
7i76e MESA controller
There are 4 total stepper drivers. One for the Y-axis, two for the X-axis, and one for the Z-axis.
The Y and Z axes are controlled by PACSCI 6410 drivers. https://www.electromate.com/pub/media/assets/catalog-library/pdfs/kollmorgen/Kollmorgen_6410_6415_Stepper_Drive_Catalog.pdf
DIP switch positions, described on pg C-10 of manual.
- Z1: DUUUUDDD
- X1: DUUUUDDD
- X2: DUUUUDDD
- Y1: DUDUUDDD
The X axis is controlled by two Gecko GR214V drivers. https://www.geckodrive.com/gr214v-bulletproof-high-resolution-stepper-drive.html
The mismatch exists because one of the X-axis PACSCI drivers died and we replaced it with a more modern driver. These newer Gecko drivers are better in every way, and should eventually replace the remaining PACSCI drivers.
PST341-3A Stepper Motors
X-motors: AXYZ PST341-3A Stepping motor. Voltage 1.45V, 5.0 Amps, 1.8 Deg.
END OF PROCEDURE