Cold saw maintenance and specifications
Shop Area: Metal Shop
Tool: Cut-Off Saw
Requires in-person training: Yes
MT 130-13, Rev. 0
Changing the Saw Blade
blades: 315mm diameter x 2.5mm thickness x 32mm bore
1. To change the saw blade:
2. Release and pivot the mobile guard by removing the hex socket screw.
3. Place a block of wood into the vise.
4. Lower the machine head to rest the saw blade on the block of wood.
5. Using a hex wrench, remove the lock bolt in a clockwise direction. (It has a left handed thread).
6. Remove the blade and blade washer from the spindle.
7. Remove the blade washer from the saw blade.
8. Place washer onto the replacement blade and follow above procedure in reverse.
9. Check for proper blade rotation.
Adjusting the Mitering Lock Lever
1. The lock lever may require adjustment when the lever contacts the machine base and fails to lock the machine head at required angle.
2. To re-adjust lever: Loosen bolt.
3. Support the bushing so that it does not drop.
4. Pivot lever to unlock side to allow more range of motion.
5. Re-tighten bolt.
Blade tracking adjustment:The head pivot shaft is supported by eccentric bushings. If blade tracks off center resulting in crooked cuts, adjust as follows.
1. Loosen two set screws from rear of head pivot with 4mm hex wrench.
2. If blade tracks to right side (viewed from front of machine), rotate right socket screw (under the electrical box) clockwise with 5mm hex wrench.
3. If blade tracks to left side, rotate left socket screw counterclockwise.
4. Tighten set screws and operate saw to verify correctness of adjustment.
Cleaning Coolant Path Once a year or if the coolant flow is reduced, remove the channel covers and clean the coolant flow paths.
1. Disconnect power to the saw.
2. To change the saw blade:
3. Release and pivot the mobile guard by removing the hex socket screw.
4. Remove the screws, covers, and gaskets from each side of the saw guard.
5. Clean the coolant path to remove all debris.
6. Install the gasket and cover and secure with the screws. If the gasket has been damage, an RTV type seal may be used, however do not allow sealant to get into the coolant flow path.
7. When complete, connect the mobile guard pivot arm.
• Check daily for any unsafe conditions and fix immediately.
• Check that all nuts and bolts are properly tightened.
• Do a general cleaning by removing dust and metal chips from the machine.
• Top off the coolant tank. (80% of full tank capacity)
• Inspect the disk/saw blade for wear.
• Check that the blade guard, shields, and emergency stops are in good working order.
• When through using machine, raise the head to reduce stress on the return spring.
• Clean the machine including the coolant tank and the area around it.
• Lubricate threaded components and sliding devices.
• Clean and grease the vise screw and sliding surfaces.
• Clean the guard housing for the disk/saw blade.
• Apply rust inhibitive lubricant to all non-painted surfaces.
• Sharpen the saw teeth.
• Thoroughly clean the machine including the coolant tank.
• Check that all screws on the motor, the pump, the vise jaws, and the guard are tight and secure.
• Check that the saw guard is operating properly.
• Use an EP90 or similar oil to lubricate the saw head pivot and the saw miter pivot.
Standard Equipment: 220V Single Phase Operation
- Work Stop
- Blade Guard
- Quick Acting Vise Handle
- Coolant System
- Blade Diameter 12.5″
- Head Miter: 45 Degrees Both Left and Right
- Round Solid at 90: 2-1/4″
- Rectangle Tubing at 90: 2-3/4″ x 4-3/8″
- Square Tubing at 90: 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Round Pipe at 90: 3-1/2″
- Square Tubing at 45: 3-1/4″
- Round Pipe at 45: 3-5/8″
- Rectangle Tubing at 45: 2-3/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Round Solid at 45: 2-1/4″
- Arbor Size: 32mmUses 315mm 12.5″ Standard Cold Saw Blades, with 32mm Arbor)
- Motor 2-1/4 hp
- Blade Speed: 52 RPM
- Power 220V Single Phase
- Weight 420 LBS
THIS IS THE END OF THE PROCEDURE