It's been a while since our last member maker challenge, which is unfortunate, since it's a great opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills, and practice your creativity. So we're bringing it back March 14th, and here are the rules for this iteration.
- Registration begins now, max of 10 makers, members only
- Teams of two are randomly selected just before starting
- Competition starts at 10am
- All teams travel to Habitat Restore together
- Each team gets $25 to spend at the Habitat Restore
- Teams return to Vector Space and are allowed to start working at 11am
- Teams have until 2pm to repurpose, refinish, or recreate what they've found into something saleable
- Items will be auctioned at Maker Faire Lynchburg
- Highest sale price wins bragging rights
- Proceeds go toward making Vector Space more awesome
Q. What are we supposed to make?
Q. What if a team goes over the time limit?
A. We'll give them a hard time
Q. How many scrap supplies can we use from Vector Space?
A. A reasonable amount worth less than $10