Mathathon 2022 Event
26.2 hours of collaborative math problem solving!
Welcome to Lynchburg's second annual Mathathon! (last year's event) This 26.2 hour event will bring together our community's math and computer experts to solve as many Project Euler problems as they can. YOU can join the fun!
The mathathon inculdes various events that engage problem solving participants, schools, students and parents. See the schedule of events and details below to find out how you can be involved.
- Friday, September 16 at 12 noon until Saturday at 2:12pm:
- Math and computer science experts will be on-site at Vector Space, but you can tune in online (details below)
- We've built some great math curriculum that you can try in the classroom or at home. These exercises are broken down by age group below, and designed to encourage kids and adults to try something new!
- Tune in to the 24-hour livestream on our YouTube channel
- Win a Vector Space trip to your classroom! As part of our effort to celebrate math and math professionals in Lynchburg, we ask you to create audio recordings of your students answering the following questions,
- What is your math teacher’s name?
- What school do you attend?
- Tell us about a time you recently used math outside of the classroom.
- Send your name, school, and recordings to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your class submits at least 10 recordings, you will be entered to win a special Vector Space workshop during the school year!
- Tune in to our evening Live Stream starting Friday, September 16 at 12:00pm. We will have a progress reports, interviews with local math and computer professionals, and share the history of the Project Euler challenge.
- Solve some math as a family! Work with your children to see what they can do on their own, and then try some of the more advanced problems together.
- Tune in to our live stream starting Friday, September 16 at 12:00pm.
- Make a donation pledge to support math learning! Show your support with a pledge.
September 16th, 2022 12:00 PM through September 17th, 2022 2:12 PM