13.1 hours of collaborative math problem solving!
Welcome to Lynchburg's first Mathathon! This 13.1 hour event will bring together our community's math and computer experts to solve as many Project Euler problems as they can. YOU can join the fun!
- Friday, August 27 at 12 noon until Saturday at 1:06am (13.1 hours, a half math marathon!)
- Math and computer science experts will be on-site at Vector Space, but you can tune in online (details below)
- We've built some great math curriculum that you can try in the classroom or at home. These exercises are broken down by age group below, and designed to encourage kids and adults to try something new!
- You can encourage our participants and support math outreach with a pledge per problem solved!
- Tune in to our live Zoom Webinar on Friday, August 27 at 12:30pm. Your class can follow along while our Director of Education works through a cryptography problem, and then shows how a computer would be used to find the solution. (This content will be upper Elementary and above, but will be fun and upbeat to keep younger students engaged too!) Register now for the Zoom Webinar.
- Use our FREE math content with your students! We have put together real world problems to challenge your students while promoting interest in math and computers. Work on these in the classroom or send them home with your students!
- Tune in to our evening Live Stream on Friday, August 27 at 6:00pm. We will have a progress report, interviews with local math and computer professionals, and share the history of the Project Euler challenge. Tune in via YouTube here.
- Solve some math as a family! Work with your children to see what they can do on their own, and then try some of the more advanced problems together.
- Tune in to our live virtual events Friday, August 27 at 12:30pm (via Zoom) and 6:00pm (via YouTube).
- Make a donation pledge to support math learning! Show your support with a pledge.
Partners & Food Sponsors
August 27th, 2021 12:00 PM through August 28th, 2021 5:06 PM