Class Name Knifemaking 201: Forged Knife
Duration 15 hours of class time completed in six 2.5 hour classes. Class meets on Tuesday and Thursdays from 7-9:30 starting December 6. Dates and times are as follows:
- Tuesday Dec 6 from 7-9:30pm
- Thursday Dec 8 from 7-9:30pm
- Tuesday Dec 13 from 7-9:30pm
- Thursday Dec 15 from 7-9:30pm
- Tuesday Dec 20 from 7-9:30pm
- Thursday Dec 22 from 7-9:30pm
Cost $225 non-members, $200 members
Class Size 4
Description During this six day workshop, participants will create their own kitchen knife to take home. While completing this project, they will learn how to:
- move steel efficiently and effectively.
- De-stress the steel and proper heat treatment.
- Determind the differences between knife steel and other steels.
- Create and affix a cusomt wooden knife handle.