Class Name Intro Welding for Couple's or Team Project: Weld your own Firepit
Two 4 hour sessions:
- First Session: Thursday March 11 5:00-9:00pm
- Second Session: Saturday March 13 1:30-5:30pm
Non-members: $240 per couple/team (One firepit built per couple/team)
Members: $220 per couple/team (One firepit built per couple/team)
Class Size 2 couples/teams (four people total)
Learn various welding techniques by making a working metal firepit with your partner/team member that you can use at your house! This two part workshop will begin with a safety lesson, followed by welding fundamentals and practice. Class will then move into the shop area to begin practicing by welding plates together and end with welding together your firepit that you can take home and enjoy any season!
The following Welding Learning Objectives will be taught during the two day workshop:
- the use of good judgement in the storage and recycling of scrap metal.
- become familiar with good welding shop housekeeping.
- become familiar with the safety equipment that must be worn while welding,cutting, and handling hot metals.
- Using the Mig Welder, perform basic welding operations such as Butt joint, Lap joint, Tee joint, and Outside cornering.
COVID-19 and Class Safety Policies
For COVID-19 safety requirements during all classes, we ask that participants, instructors, and members working in the space, adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while working in Vector Space.
- Please maintain a safe distance of 6 feet from each other when possible. For safety and teaching purposes, it may be necessary for the instructor to be within 6ft of students at times.
For class safety, participants are asked to wear short sleeves, closed toed shoes ideally boots, no jewelry, and long hair must be secured behind the head using a ponytail holder.
Do not wear your favorite clothes. Welding can be messy.