Intro to Sewing: Sew a Laptop Bag
Two Saturday Sessions
Saturday, June 19th from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
Saturday, June 26th from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
$55 for members
5 to 8 participants
During this introduction to sewing workshop, you will learn the basics of sewing while creating your very own Laptop Bag to take home and use. The following skills will be taught and practiced during this sewing workshop:
- basic sewing machine operation (i.e. thread a needle and bobbin, etc.)
- differences in fabric, needles, and threads
- basic machine sewing technique
- seam allowances
- how to sew straight lines, curved lines, and pivots
- attaching a zipper, and much more!
Vector Space will provide the following at the Workshop,
- Basic sewing kit you can take home
- Computer bag pattern and instructions to use and take home
- Basic sewing tools and supplies (not to be taken home)
- Scrap Fabric for practicing your sewing skills during the workshop
- A sewing machine to use during the workshop
- Sewing machines will also be available to borrow for at home sewing practice between workshop meetings.
What participants should bring to the workshop:
- 2 yards of woven cotton fabric of your choice for your computer bag.
- Any sewing questions you may have.
*Vector Space will provide various practice fabrics and sewing machines, but you are welcome to bring your own. If you do bring your own sewing machine, please bring it's instruction manual and be sure to have it serviced beforehand, as we will not be able to provide any maintenance or troubleshooting during the workshop.