Intro to 3D Printing: Create a Pencil Holder
Step into the Wonderful World of 3D Printing during this beginner-friendly workshop. While participating in this workshop, students will learn the following about the 3D Printing process:
- a brief history and modern applications of 3D printing technology
- the different parts of most 3D printers
- understand how the various designs of printers can expand their functionality in different directions
- how to find 3D models created by other community members
- design a pencil holder model using Tinkercad design, a simple, free, online software
- learn to print the pencil holder model using Vector Space's 3D printer
Participants of this workshop will create a 3D printed model of their Tinkercad Design to take home. Due to the time constraints of 3D printing, they will receive their pencil box at a later date. The instructor will discuss arrangements before the end of the workshop.
COVID-19 and Class Safety Policies
For COVID-19 safety requirements during all classes, we ask that participants, instructors, and members working in the space, adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while working in Vector Space.
- Please maintain a safe distance of 6 feet from each other when possible. For safety and teaching purposes, it may be necessary for the instructor to be within 6ft of students at times.