Inkscape Basics for Makers
Class Name Inkscape Basic For Makers
Duration 2.5 hour
Cost Members $25, Non-Members $30
Class Size Up to 6 participants
Learn the basics of Inkscape for graphic design. This class includes instruction on producing designs that get you ready for formatting on the laser cutter, vinyl cutter, plasma cutter, and routers. The end project will be a vinyl sticker or laser engraving of your creation.
- Inkscape toolbar (when and how to use various tools)
- Converting existing artwork into vector graphics
- Drawing simple original vector graphics
- Tracing (manual and automated)
- Tools for layout, including layers, order, boolean operations, and alignment
- Exporting for 2D CNC tools (vinyl, laser, plasma, and router)
Per COVID-19 safety requirements during all classes, we ask that participants, instructors, and members who are working in the space follow the safety guidelines outlined below:
- Please wear a mask over their mouth and nose while working indoors at Vector Space.
- Please maintain a safe distance of 6 feet from each other when possible. For safety and teaching purposes, it may be necessary for the instructor to be within 6ft of students at times.
Lynchburg, VA 24504-2450