Mathathon 2022 Event
Welcome to Lynchburg's second annual Mathathon! (last year's event) This 26.2 hour event will bring together our community's math and computer experts to solve as many Project Euler problems as they can. YOU can join the fun!
The mathathon inculdes various events that engage problem solving participants, schools, students and parents. See the schedule of events and details below to find out how you can be involved.
- Sep 10th: Practice round for registered participants
- Friday, September 16 at 12 noon until Saturday at 2:12pm:
- Math and computer science experts will be on-site at Vector Space, but you can tune in online (details below)
- We've built some great math curriculum that you can try in the classroom or at home. These exercises are broken down by age group below, and designed to encourage kids and adults to try something new!
- Tune in to the 24-hour livestream
- Stay tuned for in-classroom lessons that you can utilize! Our virtual content will be available closer to the event.
- Use our FREE math content with your students! We have put together real world problems to challenge your students while promoting interest in math and computers. Work on these in the classroom or send them home with your students!
- Tune in to our evening Live Stream starting Friday, September 16 at 12:00pm. We will have a progress reports, interviews with local math and computer professionals, and share the history of the Project Euler challenge. Live Stream Link Coming Soon
- Solve some math as a family! Work with your children to see what they can do on their own, and then try some of the more advanced problems together.
- Tune in to our live stream starting Friday, September 16 at 12:00pm. Live stream link coming soon
- Make a donation pledge to support math learning! Show your support with a pledge.